Choosing a website designer is crucial, especially since a great website can draw more potential customers, while a poor site can drive them away. Below you will find some essential things to keep in mind when deciding on a website designer for your project.
What are the Different Types of Web Designers?
He helps you in determining the colors, graphics, navigation, text location and page layout of your site, as well as how pages will cross-link. He may do the graphic art work and computer programming for the site. If he could not do the latter, he could outsource the work to a programmer. A website designer is also called the project manager for your website design.
He gets the design from the designer, then makes the code to let the site run. He is in charge of all the technical work that takes place behind the scenes to ensure that the website works as it should for the visitors.
He is responsible for choosing the site’s colors, graphics, illustrations, page layout and logo, among others. He is a “visual artist” who creates your site’s brand image.
Internet Marketing Consultant
He helps you determine the role of your website in your overall marketing strategy, and how it lets you draw more sales and traffic.
Here are some questions you can ask your prospects:
- If you plan to maintain your site, ask them if they can design your site in such a way that a business owner like you can easily maintain it. Your site can be designed on a blog/CMS platform such as WordPress, which lets you edit the text and some graphics.
- Your contract should include the fact that you are the owner of the copyright to the whole website (excluding stock photos, as well as graphics since the copyright to stock images is owned by the original artist/photographer). You should own all content, the graphics custom created for you as well as the coding work.
- Make sure you are the owner of your domain name, even though it was registered for you by the website designer.
- Request your designer to give the original source files you can edit. You need to make sure that you can edit your website (or ask another designer to edit your site) without difficulty.
- It is important to have a good working relationship with them. Do they have a good disposition? Do you enjoy talking to them? Do they remain focused on their tasks or do they roam around and waste time? Do you get along well in terms of personality and values? Do they provide you with valuable insights and advice on your website design?
Your website can make or break your business. Interviewing potential website designers extensively will give you a better chance of choosing the best one to do the work you need, who will listen to you and create the website that represents you and your brand, as well as follow your budget and time frame.
As you can see, choosing a team of web designers and graphic designers Vegas is an important process that needs to be done with care. Please get in touch with our graphic design Vegas team and let us know more about your project and expectations!